Choosing the right countertops and cabinets might be one of the most important aspects in kitchen design. In this article we will cover some of the aspects to consider when choosing the right match.
- Pick the type of countertops you want first. Many types have patterns and may look busy, so it is easier to decide on the countertop first and then find matching cabinets.
- Choose two dominant colors that complement each other, and keep them simple – this will give you more opportunities whenever you want to change up your kitchen.
- The simpler the cabinet, the simpler must be the countertop and vice versa. There is no sense in matching a laminated particle board cabinet with a marble countertop, or a wooden cabinet with a medium density fiberboard.
- A mat surface is always better then glazed.
- Countertops made of natural stone match spacious kitchens better.
- Bright colors are best for laminated chip board and medium density fiberboard. With time, in the areas that are overused or where stains are being constantly cleaned the plastic will lose color a bit. On a dark surface this will be more obvious.
- Countertops from wood should be chosen carefully. You should choose the wood yourself, to avoid twigs, color spots or textures that are not to your liking.
These are a few tips to consider when matching kitchen design Denver home countertops and cabinets.