The bathroom is about your personal comfort, so you can consider remodeling it anytime you feel it’s necessary, even if it’s in a rental unit you own.
All elements of the bathroom are exposed to moisture, and this leads to their degradation over time. Even with the most advanced waterproofing systems, steam will pass the finish and will enter the plaster or masonry.
Moreover, when it comes to furniture or appliances, given that they are directly exposed, they are at risk to deteriorate much faster. And if these effects of moisture were not enough, you should know that it may also lead to the formation of mold in the walls.
To protect your health, it is recommended to invest in a bathroom renovation project whenever the situation requires it.
When is it necessary to renovate your bathroom? Economical bathroom remodel Denver specialists suggest that these are some things to consider when contemplating bathroom renovation;
- the plumbing is old and made of old materials that are more prone to damage than modern materials
- necessary to upgrade the lighting system and the electrical installation
- tiles and floor materials crack or become lose
- the presence of mold
- pipes become clogged or give off an unpleasant smell
- necessary to replace sanitary ware
- not enough ventilation and it is necessary to install a humidity and odor extraction system
Ultimately, you should consider remodeling your bathroom whenever you simply feel like making a change, whether functional, aesthetic, or both.